CWSS’s decision to discontinue a regularly update as destinations and government bodies issue new information is based on the fact that updates are frequently subject to retrospective corrections, delays in reporting and/or clustered reporting of information for several days.
Hence, all regular updates have been discontinued from 11 February.
Overview and links of websites that will provide you with further information in the future:
CONTENT & INTRODUCTION
- General Information and links
- By country: covering local government information, travel restrictions and official health guidance
- Links to partner initiatives
- European Commission
- Updated daily: Overview (map) of cross-border and internal travel restrictions and other containment measures for 35 European countries.
- Updated daily: List of the temporary border controls between Schengen countries. Further information on the controls can be found here which includes other measures restricting people movement and the operation of transport services.
- UNWTO (The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.)
This links to the Danish Police´s page with information from the Danish authorities in English regarding the state of COVID-19 in Denmark. It includes information on travelling to and from Denmark.
General information on entry restrictions and quarantine regulations in Germany can be found on the webpage of the Federal Foreign Office. The Länder are responsible for implementing this decision. Whether a specific journey is possible thus depends on the rules of the Land to which you wish to travel. More information for potential travellers can be found here.
Further information (in German) can be found on the Länder webpages:
Government homepage on COVID-19
Wadden Sea World Heritage sends greetings to UNESCO. All videos sent to the World Heritage Centre can be viewed on their page.
Danish Wadden Sea World Heritage live on Facebook
Through a cooperation between the three South Danish UNESCO World Heritage sites and funded by the South Denmark Region the Danish collegues were live on Facebook telling about the Wadden Sea World Heritage. The videos can be watched at:
Winner of the photo campaign #WelterbeVerbindet
German UNESCO Commission and UNESCO World Heritage Association Germany announced the winners of the photo competition for the UNESCO World Heritage Day 2020.
One of the winner photos was taken by Sonja Lange and it was chosen as it demonstrates a feeling for the interplay of man and nature. The photo shows when she hits a wheel in front of the impressive expanse of the Wadden Sea.
Bringing the region to the visitor: "East Frisia for your living room" – online initiative of the Ostfriesland Tourismus GmbH
NDR TV report “How does it work? An island under quarantine – Neuwerk” After 14 days of quarantine, Uli Patzwahl accompanied the islanders with the camera in their exceptional situation.
ANWB Podcast "The Field Service" - Listening to Dutch nature
dwif Corona compass with important key figures and annotated infographics (in German). Constantly updated assessments of the effects of the corona pandemic on tourism in Germany and a look at the individual tourism segments.
- New study conducted by the Center for Sustainable Tourism at HNE Eberswalde (ZENAT), TourCert and Futouris e.V. on the importance of sustainability in the travel industry in connection with the current crisis. Among other things, with prospects of success for sustainable tourism offers, Corona state aid for climate and environmental protection, future preferred travel destinations and the factors for success after the crisis. A total of 607 tourism companies and organizations based in Germany and Austria participated.
- Lessons from the German travel recovery: A new McKinsey report provides insights on how the travel industry can cope with shifts in demand patterns due to COVID-19. Eight trends that have emerged during the COVID-19 crisis can be observed here.
dwif survey of local / regional tourism organizations as part of the Sparkassen-Tourismusbarometer. The results reflect the current mood in the industry on the topics of the development of inquiries, interests of customers, personnel situation and fields of work of the tourism organizations. A total of 143 locations and regions in nine federal states participated.
- "Travel in times of Corona" A representative online survey in Germany
- Historic England undertook a survey of the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the heritage sector